Mortgage in wisconsin

My husband and I are looking to buy a home in the state of Wisconsin. I do not have good credit (555, but I am working on improving it). My husband has better credit, 630.

I am wondering if any of my financial information has to be included on a mortgage application? This includes any of the following, debt or credit score.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

• March 12 2013 - Milwaukee
  • 0

It depends on the type of loan on how we handle Wisconsin's marital property law.  The way Jake explained it is how we handle our FHA loans but we can look at other options.

In the state of Wisconsin there are marital property laws in place. You would not have to be on the application for a loan but your debts would need to be considered. Wisconsin considers your debt his debt and vice versa.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out.