Profile picture for rolf78

Mortgage payoff

I closed a VA streamline. Signed the papers. Closed 4 days later. When checking my old loan I noticed $ 1500 less on my escrow I was to get back. Turns out the bank (Wells Fargo) same bank doing the loan messed up the payoff by $ 1500. I got penalized with the mistake (interest which should have been added to new loan) by not getting the whole escrow amount. What to do?
Thx for any advice
  • November 29 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for JeffreyBowen
Contact your lender, the closing attorney and get to the bottom of it.

It is highly unlikely the Lender issued an initial payoff that was off by $1500, then revised the payoff up for Closing. It is more likely you were initially  quoted using the principal balance instead of an estimated payoff figure, then closed w/out making the payment for the month you closed in resulting in 50 days or so of interest.