Mortgage vs deed liabilities

A rental property that I am the sole mortgagor for has me and another person on the title. The other person has had a bad financial situation happen to them and had liens put in all of their properties including the one we co-own. I'm now trying to sell this property but can't because of the other person's lien. Is there any recourse for me to get out of this situation. Added note: Other person is out of country and does not pay on this property.
  • September 28 2012 - Lorton
  • 0

Good morning, user,

I recommend strongly contacting a great RE Attorney in Northern Virginia and get answers to this question. I am happy to recommend one to you should you like. Any legal advice your receive on Zillow from posters that are not attorneys are likely to be worth what you paid for them.
Best wishes, Jim

If the liens are already recorded and on title they will have to be paid if you try and sell the property.