Profile picture for KarthikRallapalli

Moving to Austin

I am moving to Austin in May. I plan to rent an apartment for now & am looking to buy a house ASAP. What is the best area /zip to look for a house. I am looking for the best schools with moderate property taxes.I am looking for 4/3 with max. budget for 400k. Please help.

April 26 - Austin

after a few more respond to your request, pick or interview a few of these Realtor,s pick one that you are more comfortable with and you can explore all the scenario one by one to get to what work for you the best, according to your need and situation.  

April 28
Karthhik

I would take a look in the NW Austin zip codes of 78750, 78758, 78681 which are in the Round Rock school district. I would also look in Cedar Park in zip code 78613 which is in the Leander school district. I am confident you can many great properties here on Zillow as well as connect with great agents while reading impartial reviews. 

Good luck

April 27
After April 30, 2014 the Austin MLS will no longer send listings automatically to Zillow or other syndicators, so Zillow is a poor search platform to use. At present, only about 85% of Austin MLS listings appear on Zillow. After April 30, 2014, that number will drop significantly.

Your best source is your Realtor's MLS feed directly to you. To search online, AustinHomeSearch.com is the public facing side of the MLS.

For areas, try 78739, 78749 zips for SW Austin. Or search Cedar Park or Leander NW of Austin for more home for your money and good schools as well.

April 27
Hi!

How exciting!  Austin is pretty awesome.  :)  Where do you plan to work?  Commute will likely play into the role of where the best place to look for a home will be.  There are many planned communities here that are on the outskirts of town.  What kind of property taxes are you coming from?  I think getting perspective on what you're used to will allow me to help you better!  Please feel free to message me if you'd like to visit more one on one.  I moved here recently and have some apartment knowledge, as well as sell residential homes here.  

Looking forward to helping!

April 26
Welcome to Austin.  I think the best area is Southwest Austin(Circle C, Legend Oaks, Etc)....especially if you like Master planned communities with parks, pools, and family atmosphere.  It is short commute to downtown, still relatively affordable, and it will remain very desirable because of its location.

April 26