Moving to Florida from Michigan Septmeber 2013 rent ot buy?

I was just wondering me my wife and 13 year old daughter are moving to Florida next September and was wondering if we should rent or buy? I am leaning towards renting so I can fell out the area so that I will be stuck in an area I dont want to be in. 
  • October 14 2012 - US

Renting first and getting to know the area is the best answer. You do not want to purchase and then be disappointed.

As someone whose moved several times in their professional career, I absolutely agree.  Rent for a few months to a year to get to know the area, things you love, places you'll go, traffic patterns for your daily life.   Visits just aren't the same as day to day living.