Profile picture for moroccantreasures

Moving to TN, no city in mind, are there state-wide agents?

We are just looking to move there because of low tax burden and pretty land.  We have been running statewide searches on zillow, but know once we sell our home we will need to use an agent.  Do we just talk to agents where we find houses on Zillow or is there such a thing as an agent who will help us find a house regardless of where it is, in-state?
  • February 28 2011 - US

Though I am licensed to help people buy and sell real estate state-wide (California), I never would.  I know my local area very well, I know the agents, and the common practices for the transactions.  Getting out of my area, I lose my competitive advantage, and therefore can't represent my clients as well as they need.  

When someone comes to me, and needs help out of my area of expertise, I have contacts to refer this person to a qualified professional...someone who will represent these people as I would.

Agents tend to be geographically centered within a select selling area.

So if you were looking in Chattanooga, an agent might have strong experience within the city and surrounding suburbs, but they generally won't have experience in Memphis or other far away cities.

And if an agent from another state offers to 'refer' you to an agent in Tennessee, they are often compensated for their referral (via sharing the commission of your agent).

I can definitely help you find an agent in Tennessee....an agent that would be a good fit.  Let me know if I can help.