Multiple Condos - One Building

If you're shopping for a condo, and you've chosen a newer building...
There are probably multiple condos for sale that are very similar. What if there were several almost identical, maybe slightly different "finishes"? How do you make your decision? If you were leaning toward one, what would the price difference have to be to push you toward a different one?
  • May 13 2010 - Central West End
  • 0

Hello Angel,
Did you decide on a place? If not, then don't worry you are not alone in your confusion. 
Remember this first rule:  there is NO PERFECT HOME, WITH PERFECT FEATURES IN THE PERFECT AREA OF YOUR CHOICE.

If you remember this, you agree to make concessions between all the different choices you are facing.

Here is what I suggest.  Don't see too  many homes on the same day.  Take only one complex and narrow it down to two choices.  Do this in three different locations.  Then make your choice.

If its' any reassurance, other people have bought there, and will continue to buy there.

Good Luck.

Thanks, but as you'll notice...I'm a real estate professional. I was posing the question as a survey for buyers.
Thanks anyway. All the best to you.
Angel Fletcher

Profile picture for jadedone
The natural light, location in the building, view, and price. If it was 1-3% price difference, I'd probably go for the one that had the finishes I like best.  If it was a 5% difference, I'd probably suffer with the cheaper one.