Profile picture for nashvillehomeowner

My 30 day zillow house value went down 12,500. My neighbors -500 and +11000. How can that be?

My 2 next door neighbors houses have not depreciated like mine has according to zillow.  I don't understand how that is possible.  Both of my neighbors are renters none the less...with out of town owners who have not made home improvements.
  • May 07 2009 - Green Hills
  • 0

zillow should not be the only tool you use to determine value. get a property profile ran and a market analysis.

I have seen times past where Zillow has been off by a significant amount.  Your homes selling value will be determined by what other comparable homes in your area are selling for. I would suggest you contact a real estate agent for a comparable homes report to help you determine what the market will pay. Some might recommend a real estate appraiser. But unless you have $300 minimum to spend, I would recommend an experienced Realtor. An experienced Realtor can give you a free home comparables report.
You can go to my website at realliving.com/deborah.gregory and send me  your home address and how to contact you. Then we can schedule an appointment for a free home comparables report for homes in your neighborhood. I would like to be the Realtor to help you with this and I hope to hear from you soon.

Profile picture for Cassie_Daughtrey
Zillow is purely numbers driven. So I don't know what the calculation is exactly. But if your house is much bigger than the neighbors, it will be more or less effected. At least, that's my understanding of it. But...those numbers do look wierd to me. I'd wait for a Zillow person to comment as well. :)