My Broker Donates

I recently got an email from a company called My Broker Donates... They told me if I went through them to find a real estate agent, a percentage of the agent's commission would be donated to charity... It's sounds like a great idea, and I love the idea of helping a charity at no cost to myself, but has anyone heard of My Broker Donates and has it worked for them (agents, buyers or seller).

April 12 2011 - South San Francisco

the concept sounds good but I never heard of them

$$$Good luck!$$$

February 04 2013
As an agent, I just received an email from MyBrokerDonates.com asking me to join their network.

Frankly, it is an interesting proposition.  They're clear on their website that you must agree to giving 15% of your commission to the charity from which the client originated.  Typical referrals outside our agency are 25%, so I'm assuming MyBrokerDonates.com get's 10%.

As the current president of an architectural preservation group, agents, including myself, have advertised in our news bulletin.  The truth is, members would be more inclined to response to one of these ads if they knew a portion of the transaction was going back to our organization. My guess is that other not-for-profits would have a similar attitude.

Annual sales $190,000. 3 employees. Good work Sunny.

Happy funding, Rudi

The My Broker Donates is a for profit company as stated in their own FAQ here wholly owned by Marin Equities here. I would be interested in asking how much they get paid in this donation process.

Thanks for your question.  Be wary, I have NEVER heard of this and I am pretty on top of R.E. news via social media.

I'm not familiar with this specific organization, but typically when brokers send referrals to agents (agents are independent contractors) they keep a portion of the agents commission as a referral fee.

I guess my question would be is how much is the broker keeping for the referral and how much is being donated to charity and would you be better off finding an agent that directly donates to a cause without the 'pass through' fee?

What appears to be an altruistic gesture could well just end up being a money maker for the broker.