My Christmas List

Happy Holidays!

Trying to come up with that perfect gift for that special someone? How about the gift of financial security; the gift of a college education or maybe the gift of retirement? With our current local market being down, now is the time to consider purchasing investment properties. In the Colorado Springs market home prices are low, mortgage rates are incredible again hovering around 5%, inventory remains good and the rental market is hot. Consider this, buy an investment property for around $175,000, your mortgage payment will be under $1000, and in the current rental market you should be able to get more than $1000 per month for rent. You cash flow $100+ each month and if you reinvest that $100 towards paying down the principal on your mortgage that home will be paid off free & clear in 15 years!!! That means in 15 years you will own a true asset worth AT LEAST $175,000 but more likely it will have increased in value and be worth somewhere around $250,000 all paid for by a renter! Guess what's on my gift list this year!

• December 10 2008 - US
  • 1

spam. Sorry to ruin your xmas.

Non-Owner Occupied rates are at 5% ???

Profile picture for mina36
O - M - G. Can you possibly be MORE pathetic!!

Insurance costs for non-owner occupied properties, along with the growing tax burden, make buying investment properties very tricky in many areas. You're lucky to have any cash flow at all when those expenses are taken into account, and oftentimes they are overlooked.

I sincerely believed this was a happy Christmas post. Turned out to be yet another sad attempt to sell something. Douche bag.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

Ditto SoCal:  what a let down!   

Profile picture for mina36

SoCal, this is for you ! A happeh Christmas pic.

Profile picture for mina36

You probably like dogs better. Here are puppehs for you !

Profile picture for Mike_oxafloppin

even assuming 20% down and a 7.5 rate which likely isn’t what ColonEddie figured ( though probably better than a best case scenario in the real world ) is still just a PI calculation @ around 1200 a month. a PITI figure is probably more in the area of 1500 - 1600 a month depending. Then you have depreciation and maintenance. If someone bought me a "gift" that cost me 500+ a month, I would be tempted to kick them square in the nuts ( if applicable of course)

eddie = ( . )( . )

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB

OK, so let's change the equation.

Here's MY Christmas List . . .

1. Food and drink with family and friends - conversation, jokes, games

2. Kids playing with the presents they just opened - with the obligatory crying jag when they get over tired

3. Safe travel to and from the festivities for all and sundry

4. A new reference book on medievel armaments

The first two are pretty much guaranteed.  Number three is my wish for all of us.  Number four?  Hey, you got to be a little selfish, right?

Profile picture for mina36
Medieval anything is cool. :)

I want my dog to stay healthy...that's all

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB

OK, let's get this thing going.  SoCal & Lady - give it a shot.  Make it into a happy Christmas post.

Oh, and you too, Mina.

Profile picture for AliaG

twb, for you: ballista, baby!

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB

Yes, I want one of those!!!  Actually, I want the trebuchet.  Some friends and I have been discussing building a quarter size mode in the back yard.  Not sure what we'd do with it once it was completed but it would freak the neighbors out.

Profile picture for AliaG

d@mn, i want my blue medal back. i'll have to post more.

what i want for christmas:

none of my extended family to im- or ex-plode (metaphorically or literally) during the holiday season

my friends to genuinely like the presents i got for them

to suddenly find the grace to not find the prerentious git i've been forced into regular social contact with quite so pretentiously gitful.

for my husband's wall street-related job to continue to be safe. or for him to find an even better job if it isn't. quickly.

Profile picture for AliaG

twb, have you contacted your local sca group? (thread hijack, woot!)

(i've lived in three kingdoms and my first son, when but a babe in arms, made the local baron *and* the reigning king cower in the back of the awards tent. mwa ha ha ha. and it wasn't because of a stinky diaper, either.)

but since babies and live steel and firepits don't mix well, we're waiting until the youngest doesn't put swords in his mouth before we become active again...

Profile picture for AliaG

...and i'd like to add that:

i'm really grateful my immediate family is so awesome and cool (my 4 year old told santa-- the Jamaiican one handing out flyers outside of the pawn shop-- that he wanted blue mittens and a microscope for christmas)

that i have some really awesome, unpretentious friends who promise to let me into the compound when the zombies attack

that my husband is smart and brave (he asked me to marry him *after* he met my extended family) and witty and has loved me for almost ten years. (we met dec 30th, 1998.)

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB

I tend to steer clear of things like the SCA.  You always wind up with someone who takes things just a wee bit too seriously.  I know it's all supposed to be in good fun but there's a lunatic fringe associated with any group (like a former BIL of mine).  I go to the Ren Faire when I can but mostly just for the entertainment.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

A freind of mine lost her daughter this past week.  She was 11 years old.  It was sudden and they still have yet to determine what the cause of death was, they think a hidden virus.  So for me, I just want my kids to be healthy, happy, and that I shall lay down and die and never see any of my children pass before me.    So for all of you out there with kids, hug them, smell them, and always make I love You be the last thing you always say to them. 

Peace to all.

Profile picture for mina36
My wish list...
to have my two kittehs live long, healthy lives.
My niece to deliver her first child safely.
For that awesome new mattress I lust after to drop to bottom feeder prices. :)

Profile picture for mina36
Oh yeah - I LUFF Ren Faires. So far, the best I've been to was my first.
Also - anyone been to Biltmore in Asheville on Christmas? I went a few years ago. AMAZING. That place is totally unbelievable.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

I had so many chanced to go to Biltmore and never got around to it!!!    In PA just north of where I live there is Boyd's Bear, three stories of bears and wonderful displays during Christmas, the place is just magical.  

Profile picture for mina36
I saw B. on a daylight tour. I wish I could see it at night sometime. It's an awe inspiring estate. Huge. They also have gardens, stables, a winery. I hope to go back some day.

Profile picture for AliaG

yes, the SCA is blessed with many extremes and no middle. :*)

i enjoy going to ren faires, too. when i first attended, i was delighted when people out of costume would ask me where the bathrooms were.

then i was delighted when the pickle seller looked embarrassed and asked if i got the cast discount or not.

life's little victories...

...and as far as xmas, i love looking at the store windows in manhattan. the safest place is the street, though. i do not try to shop in manhattan between thanksgiving and new year's. it is a scary place, then.

Profile picture for mina36
They had a Living Combat Chess match at one Faire I attended. That was totally the coolest thing!

I didn't ask for Spam for christmas. Can I have a gift receipt to return it?