Profile picture for JasonKern8

My Landlord is selling my condo, does the new owner have to abide by my current lease?

I signed a new lease at the beginning of this month and then found out days later that my landlord is selling all of his properties and my condo is currently being shown and up for sale.  
Is the new owner bound by the same lease I currently have?  The management company that handles the lease says I would have 30 days to vacate if the new owner does want to continue the lease.
The leased property is in Orem Utah.

July 09 2013 - Orem

Yes. Unless it states otherwise in your lease that the lease is voidable if they sell the property.

Yes, in Utah the new owner must keep the same lease agreement. Hope it all goes well for you.

Profile picture for JasonKern8
My lease reads: In the event the owner decides to put his property up for sale, the tenant agrees to keep the inside and outside of the unit clean and to show their unit after a 24-hour notice by a Real Estate Agent.  The tenant agrees to keep any "For Sale" sign posted by the realtor in the place it was originally set.  If owner sells the property, this lease is transferred to the new owner and remains binding.

I think my lease answers my question.

Profile picture for hpvanc
In most states leases survive a sale.  Read your lease for exclusions and look here Utah Renters Handbook, it doesn't specifically address your question but will give you a better idea on who to ask and where to look for more info.

Check your state tenant landlord laws and read your lease carefully