My Lender wants a WDIR on my Purchase... What is That ??

In NC we find that the moist climate as very conducive to termites settling in and causing damage to homes and their structures. It is  wise as a home buyer to obtain a WDIR-100 ( Wood Destroying Insect Report ) regardless if the lender is requesting one. Most lenders DO. In my years of selling homes I have seen a variety of insects causing damage thus the requirement from the buyers lender to see a current report--typically within 30 days of closing. NC Purchase contracts have a due diligence period. The buyer agent should include such inspection within this time frame in order to negotiate any damage. NC Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Site   If you as a buyer have any questions, let me know. Michele Connors, Broker Realtor Coldwell Banker Coastal Rivers [Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

• November 16 2012 - Greenville
  • 0

Profile picture for Honesty Sells
The WDIR is an extensive report on any issues the current home/structure may have with wood destroying insects.

Whether the lender/bank requires you to get one or not it is always a good idea to order a WDIR when purchasing a property.

For those who may need the form -
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/forms/npmaforms

In NC we find that the moist climate as very conducive to termites settling in and causing damage to homes and their structures. It is wise as a home buyer to obtain a WDIR-100 ( Wood Destroying Insect Report ) regardless if the lender is requesting one. Most lenders DO. In my years of selling homes I have seen a variety of insects causing damage thus the requirement from the buyers lender to see a current report--typically within 30 days of closing. NC Purchase contracts have a due diligence period. The buyer agent should include such inspection within this time frame in order to negotiate any damage. NC Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Site