Profile picture for sexey81

My Refi is stuck, How can I get it moving?

My refi was started in Aug of 2012 and I still don't have a closing date. Is this happening to others. The appraisal is paid for and just updated. I have approx. 40% equity, excellent credit and very few debits. I am using a Zillow recommened lender but I can't get a closing date. The appraisal came much lower but with the equity I have I don't think it matters.
Since I'm using a Zillow approved lender can Zillow get this lender moving? Or at least find out why this is dragging on and on.
  • February 02 2013 - Lemont
  • 0

David Braun the question is old. You really may want to read the Zillow advice section awhile before you contribute. Do you see the date at the bottom of the question? February 02? Luckily that was of this year. Be patient and you'll get to answer actual questions in a timely fashion in order to display your brilliance to the world in a big zillowing way. Your business will probably quadruple. If you keep dredging old questions, your business will only increase in an amount that is not commensurate with the time the contributing vast knowledge consumes.

Profile picture for David Braun Mortgage
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

This definitely doesn't make sense and I suggest you contact zillow immediately as I am sure they want to know when one of their lenders is delaying client's satisfaction.  Also, you may want to seek out another lender?? Good luck. 

The fact that you don't know what the delay is concerns me.  I would start looking for other options.  It is extreemly busy but anything over 60 days should be a red flag.  Call or email with more details and I can point you in the right direction

i would suggest speaking to one or two more loan officers.  you should be able to close your loan in about 30 days.  feel free to contact me through my profile if you would like to discuss your scenario in more detail.

Sean Cochran [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good  Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Something is not being said, or has not been disclosed. I started my refi at the start of Jan, and closed at the end of Jan.

What does the lender say as to why there is such a ridiculous delay?

The "confirmed lender" status means that Zillow has confirmed that they have an active license, not that they are recommended.  Zillow has no power over independent lenders.  

However, you can write a review for the lender (see "find a pro" at the top to find their profile, and click on "write a review").  

Have other complexities been encountered?   Starting the process in August and still not complete is pretty bad.   Recently a  friend got a simple refi in about 30 days.