Profile picture for emdudley82

My credit is good but my spouses is not

Will I have a problem finding a decent rental in San Antonio? I have good credit low 700's to 720 however my spouse does not have good scores. I am the primary income earner and will be the only one working, what kind of struggles will we have being able to rent a good SFH. We have excellent rent history and we currently own our home with no lates. My income will be in the high 70's low 80's.
  • December 11 2013 - San Antonio
  • 0

Profile picture for MicahHarper
I don't think you will have a problem, most landlords do look at credit but in my experience they base their decision more on rental history and employment.  If you find that you're having trouble with the larger property management companies because they have less discretion, look for landlords that manage their own properties or smaller property management firms.

First step, I would say is to check with a lender or a bank. They'll run you and your spouses credit and see what they can do. If it's bad, maybe they can point you in the direction or give you advise on how to repair it. Good Luck!