Profile picture for Aruydi

My daughter bought her house but in my name. What document does she need to transfer ownership?

She's paying 30 Yrs mortgage, I'm old and would like to transfer ownership in papers w/out probate..  Help pls.
  • August 09 2011 - US
  • 0

Is the mortgage in your name also?  If so, your daughter will have to refinance in her name.   You probably should get a real estate attorney involved to make sure the transfer covers all legal aspects.    If the house is worth more than the annual gift limit (about $13,000), you may have to pay gift taxes.