Profile picture for mtmartin71

My home has two separate instances

I bought one side of a contemporary duplex in NW Denver proper and for some reason, I see a listing for the new property with no record of the sale and then a listing for the record of the sale with a picture of the property from long ago.  The other address or other side of the duplex is listed so there are 3 listings on this one lot which is incorrect.  I want to a) get it down to one property and b) edit the details properly.  I'm not sure how I'd got about getting one of the instances deleted and which one to select.  My leaning is to select the listing with the right property in the pictures along with more details.  It doesn't have the sale date but I could add all that in.  Suggestions?
  • November 17 2011 - Denver
  • 0

Welcome to Zillow.

If it is a duplex with two property tax IDs, the three should become two.  So, it appears with your half of the duplex the listing (before you purchased) created a duplicate.  One can identify the duplicate because if you click on "more facts" there is no public data, and there is no sales price nor tax history. The correct one to keep is the one with public data, tax history, sales price etc (even though you prefer the one with newer pictures). (Zillow won't delete the one with public info).     So, open the other one (the one with new pictures), go to edit and chose "report problem".  and describe it is a duplicate.  It will go into a queue for deletion - usually about a week.

Then, claim the one with public data and add newer pictures if the ancient ones bother you.  I personally value my privacy so would be happiest if Zillow's photos were 30 years old!  but, I may be a curmudgeon.