Profile picture for snpdrgn

My home is listed as being for sale when it is not. How do I fix this?

We bought our home last May.  Zillow was updated shortly after with the sale and my house was correctly no longer listed as being for sale.  Last week my next door neighbor put their house up for sale so I took a look on zillow to see what they were asking only to see that my house was showing as being for sale as well.  Our home is definitely not for sale.  How do I get this corrected?
  • March 07 2011 - Northeast Raleigh

It seems thin information was not changed with the listing company.  Call the Company and request that they change it in the mls.

The first thing to do is to figure out where this "for sale" listing is coming from.   The most frequent source is that the agent who had it for sale previously never bothered to remove it from one of their many listing feeds.

Therefore, the way to find the source is to open your property details page (by clicking on the blue address in the pop up box), scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on the "listing source" (in blue).   Talk to the person/people in the listing source and ask them to remove it from the listing feed.   Often they will try to blame it on Zillow, but at this point you will know that it is actually out there somewhere else feeding into Zillow.

While Zillow can manually remove a listing, this manual removal is overwritten quickly if the agents don't remove the data feed source and Zillow can't remove the feed source.

Good luck.  (This lack of removal from data feeds is extremely frustrating and an all too common problem.)