Profile picture for cliffh7

My home is listed with some incorrect information. How do I correct it?

It was completely rebuilt in 2004, zillow shows nothing since 1973.  My listing includes an additional lakefront lot.  I packaged the two together for sale and I believe the zestimate treates it as one larger lot.  I also had my home and the additional lot professionally appraised at a price approximately $100,000 more than the zestimate.  I believe your listing might be discouraging potential buyers because of inacuracies.
  • September 21 2011 - Gallatin

You can claim your property on Zillow (if not listed by an agent) and update the data on the property.    If listed by an agent, the agent will need to take these steps.

The double lot issue is a major issue because Zillow tends to show the lot size of a single lot and not two lots in one.    Consequently, when you are editing you can edit the data to show the square footage of the two lots combined and make a note in the description so people don't think you are inflating the records.

You can also make comments on the Zestimate in the "owner's comment" section.  Putting the appraisal value (and date of the appraisal) in the comments is reasonable.