My home is not listed in Zillow for me to get a Zestimate, claim, etc. It's a '02 townhouse. help?

Address:  6024 Igloe Dr Apt 20 Lynchburg, VA 24502

January 17 2011 - Lynchburg

Your home page is here. Since you are in VA, I think you would only have the assessor value listed and not the Zestimate. That is what I see with most houses there anyway.

Brendan-

I'm not acquainted with the methods by which Zillow 'chooses' or determines which homes it will provide Zestimates for... but I do know that those figures are frequently different from what the local market will bear.  My limited understanding is that Zillow accumulates data from public records (tax sources, etc) and analyzes those records for trends in tax assessments and recent sales to determine roughly what your home is worth.  While this might provide a reasonable 'window' of value, its no substitute for having a licensed professional real estate agent give you the true market value of your home in the local market - and I believe Zillow recognizes and acknowledges this fact.

I happen to like sites like Zillow and Trulia, etc. and always make sure my listings are displayed accurately and with as many photos and details as possible.  They are great consumer resources, and I believe aid real estate agents in marketing their listings.  In our area, however, sellers have the option to allow or deny the publishing of automated estimates of value (such as a Zestimate) as it has the potential to sway the buying public into thinking your home is worth much less.

So the long and short of it is... although Zillow does not currently have a Zestimate for your home (mine either, I checked), that may or may not be what you want.  If I can help in any other way, please don't hesitate to call or email.

All the best...