Profile picture for sinkerslider35

My home last sold for.

My home last sold in 1/05 for $2,175,000. It continues to be listed on Zillow as having last sold in 1/05 for $217,500. Why can't this be corrected?

January 23 - US

Profile picture for sinkerslider35
I will provide the information that you requested in your email in the next few days. Sorry for the delay. I just read your email. For future reference my new, and more often used, email is sinkerslider35@gmail.com

February 15
Profile picture for Ronald N
Hi sinkerslider35 -

Let me work with you off Advice page.

Regards,
Ronaldo
Zillow Customer Care

February 10
Profile picture for sinkerslider35
Thank you. You would think that in the interest of their brand and what it stands for that Zillow would make a greater effort to correct obviously incorrect information. I guess that is why your realtor laughs when the name is mentioned. 

January 23
I can't be corrected because Zillow gets imperfect information and does not allow you to correct it, if they believe that it came from public records.  I purchased my home for $350k in 2003, and until this year, they didn't show any record of the purchase.  Now they show the purchase, but at abour $240k, which they claim from public records, although this is impossible.  They show the value at about the same today, based on comps from outside of this historic neighborhood, based on the zip code.  They show irrelevant comps, even though there were (and are) several relevant comps in this neighborhood.  They are apparently unaware of any of the listings or recent sales in this neighborhood, or they would not continue to list a value that is completely out of touch. My realtor, who has been very successful in selling homes in this historic neighborhood, actually laughed at Zillow.  I have written to them several times, and they have corrected info that has been out of date since the 1970s (number of baths, etc.), but they did not alter their wildly low valuations. 

January 23