Profile picture for magdigaballah

My home price drop more than $ 7000 in the past 30 day

My home drop over $ 7000 in 30 days? and i did check the whole street house by house and all the home rise the price from $8000 - 13000 in the 30 days ... I zillow doing this because i been complan about the price drop ? if some one can give me a good reason why one my home the only one drop? even my home was upgrad up todate from hard wood floor, Grown molding,New Kitchen Cabinets, Bay window in living room, Marble Fireplace, Family room 12 Foot double sliding door, 2 Decorative Arches, Double windows in all the bed rooms, Central A/c and Heating, Jacuzzi Tup in big bathroom with Marble floor , New water heater, New Dish washer.

I need someone to tell me why only my home and some other home the same size with NO UPGRAD at all and the price raise to close to 590000 ?????????????????????????????? 
  • November 08 2011 - Santa Clara
  • 0

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Zillow doesn't offer any pricing.  Only the owner can set the price.  And the owner can set absolutely any price they like.

I strongly suggest you set the price to $432 million.  That should be enough to discourage most people.

Profile picture for sryan1980
dont lose sleep over it. for a home to truly drop $7,000 in 30 days, the home would have to be worth millions of dollars to begin with. zillow merely provides estimates that can fluctuate rapidly

I agree with Sunnyview.  If you aren't interested in the range, you won't get what you want on Zillow.   If you want a single number, hire a single appraiser once a month and each month you'll have your single number.  Of course, if you get two or three appraisers you might find 10% difference between their numbers.  The bottom line is always the sales price.

If what is important is your home price, then you should not be looking to a website that cannot even see you home for that. You need to be looking to an agent, an appraiser or a qualified buyer holding an offer in their hand to buy your house.

Zillow is none of those things. They don't even have eyes for goodness sake. They offer a computer valuation model via the web. If you don't want that broad range or opinion about value, you need to use another method. Zillow is what it is. Some good, some bad, some accurate, some not, but no matter what they are or aren't Zillow paints values with a broad brush by necessity because they cannot see your house
.

Profile picture for magdigaballah
Sorry to tell you guys that you talk about the range ...  I don't care about the range what's importent to me my home price okay  ... Range dosen't mean any thing to me okay ....

If you look at the Zestimate graph down on the lower portion of your home details page, what upward change do you see in the time period I mentioned?

I am sorry you are so pained by your Zestimate.    Are you also looking at the range for the Zestimate?  In my opinion that is far more important than the single number called a Zestimate.   Your range is $417K – $720K.  That is huge, far more than the less than 5% difference between neighbors.

I'm not paid by Zillow, no matter  how much you think so, but I do do statistics all day long and all night long so am comfortable with statistical modelling.

Zestimates should be considered 'entertainment value' only, much like this post...

Profile picture for magdigaballah

That's not ture????   Yes my home went up because Zillow fix there system and all home in my street went up too but my home did not went up like you said $77000 ????  There no comment because I'm mad of you reply and it's not TURE  are you covering for someone or what Plus I Paid more tax  for you 2011/2012   for my home over $100  and you want tell me my home drop  .. you know all you guys got paid fromn Zillow and you have to say that ....Thank you guys and more fun for you  ...Just one EXAMPLE   AFTER MY FIRST COMPLAIN  THE HOSE DROP  $ 6000... AND i REPLY TO THIS DROP  SECOND DAY THEY DROP ANOTHER  $ 6000  MORE  IN 2 DAYS  $ 12000  ... AND BEEN DROPING SINCE    ...

[inappropriate language deleted by Zillow  moderator]

Yes, but from Feb to July it went up $77,000.

Profile picture for magdigaballah
Do you know that my home drop around $ 30000+ in the past 3 month?

Profile picture for magdigaballah
So only my home  the only one was the price went up  ...Sorry that's not true ... all the home in my area went up when zillow found out there system was wrong and we got an email during that time fro telling us  why the home's was up,  But I'm talking about now it's no way all the homes in my street went up and my home only went down ( MY HOME IS THE LOWEST PRICE IN THE WHOLE STREERT) I think that's clear only my home??????????????????????

Between Feb 2011 and July 2011, the Zestimate on your house increased far faster than the averages for your city.  (Your neighbors were probably screaming why was your Zestimate soaring and theirs wasn't)   Consequently, your house's Zestimate is now in a correction phase.  Watching the Zestimate alone closely without watching the range and the city's indexes would certainly be disconcerting.

Zestimates do not take into account the upgrades you describe.  The Zestimates are numbers generated from a computer model with public data, and are not an appraisal or CMA. Hopefully when the "my estimate" feature returns, perhaps in the spring, then you'll have a chance to see the impact of the upgrades on the price.

These adjustments are not related to your complaints, just the variation one expects to see in the statistical modeling.   It still appears that you would prefer an appraisal - if you are planning on selling, you may find that would be a good thing to purchase before putting on the market.