My home started at 120K, its now 61k, I just built a 40k garage.

I completely rebuilt my home, new everything and Zillow ranks my neighbors home which is completely falling apart and horrific to look at, higher in price than my newly remodeled home with a new 40k garage. Zillow don't know what they are talking about. I've been a building contractor for over 42 years and I'm telling all you that my house is not what Zillow appraises it at. Zillow get a Zero for it's value in the business it's in, and shouldn't be in this business since they harm sellers who otherwise would have potential buyers who look into Zillow and could ruin their realestate transaction.
  • December 07 2012 - US

Zillow only knows what is in the public databases, and does not offer appraisals.   "What is a Zestimate?" provides background of the impact of upgrades on the Zestimate.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Why would you think Zillow would have a clue as to how much your house is worth? Why do you care since no one pays attention to those stupid estimate guesses? They are worth exactly what you pay for them - ZERO!!!