Back to Results
Please enter a valid email address.
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Please enter text in the "Enter the text to display" field.
Please enter text in the "Enter URL" field.
Please enter a valid URL.
Please insert a video embed only
I would suggest contacting a local real estate broker to have them do a CMA on your home. They have the ability to run comps in your neighborhood and find out what is selling at and at what cost.
Best of luck to you in making a decision!
How bad is the noise? Is it extremely mild or extremely irritating? If you have to move, you will be a necessary seller which has no choice but to move; it's a forced sale, which means a lower selling price. If you don't sell now, in a few years your lifestyle will be different and you'll become an optional seller. As an optional seller you can demand a higher selling price.
Construction noise for 3 to 5 years, against a market that will most likely not rebound for 5 years or so.If you are planning to move to a larger home, it might make sense for you to sell and move up.If you are planning to move into a smaller house, you might want to invest in double-paned windows to reduce the noise and wait out the market.
To sell now or to stay and wait it out. That is the question. I would suggest that you consult a good Realtor in your area for an accurate comparable market analysis (CMA) and, depending upon whether you have equity or not, you can decide if your current home is where you want to "wait it out" because you will wait it out somewhere. If you do not have equity, then you will want some tax and legal advice so you understand any financial repercussions of your decision. Good luck!
It depends on your personal needs! Do you need to move for right sizing? How much equity you have in your home? Depends on the answer to these questions would determine if you should sell and move on or stay.
This is always a tough call to make because no one can really predict the future. I think that many have given great advice when they say if you love your home and community, then hang in there. Hopefully, things will get better. On the other hand, if you are wanting a change in scenery, the silver lining of the economic situation is that it's a great time to find deals!
Zillow Advice depends on each member to keep it a safe, fun, and positive place. If you see abuse, flag it. More on our Good Neighbor Policy.
For Sale: $1,495,000
For Sale: $3,775,000
For Sale: $2,195,000