Profile picture for laagdaisy

My house at 591 Damas Place IS NOT IN PRE-FORECLOSURE SALE! YET YOU'RE ADVERTISING IT IS FOR SALE!

Zillow is advertising that my house at 591 Damas Place is in pre-foreclosure sale.  IT IS NOT!  YOU OR SOME AGENTS ARE POSTING FALSE INFORMATION!    DO I NEED TO SUE TO CORRECT THIS?  I have sent emails to Zillow TO DELETE THIS WRONG INFORMATION, but nobody has taken any action.  
  • September 21 2011 - Rancho Del Rey I
  • 1

• This thread is currently closed for responses.

Profile picture for MrTim63
    My home has 2 icons on it.  

One has a "#0" in the address and a ridiculously out-of-line with the neighborhood price.  I need it deleted.  

The other icon is the original/correct one and has a price more in-line and closer to reality. I want that one to stay.  

HOW?  There is no method to correct AFAIK.  I reported the problem, but I don't trust that will effect a change based on the messages here.

You can figure out which agent has falsely advertised your home for sale by opening the home details page, scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the hot link for the listing source.

Profile picture for doggies4me
    My house for some reason was posted on Zillow as being for sale.  It's NOT yet it is listed ... I'm not behind in taxes, mortgage payments etc yet I received an email the other day stating it was for sale.... I was able to remove the picture but the listing still remains.  What the hell is going on here?

Profile picture for Barbara Imes
    If a real estate agent is fraudulently listing your house any where, go to your state organization overseeing the Real Estate Agents and file a complaint.  If the agent is a REALTOR - go to their local Board and file a complaint.  They are going against our ethics policy - please complain!  For those of us who have the listings they "borrow" to advertise "for" us, we risk false information and misrepresentation by these guys.  we appreciate your help!

Profile picture for wcwlc

Same thing just happen to me and our home.  I also written an email to Zillow, and select "Other" so the email will go through.

What I also did was to take down all the picture of the house (something as the owner I was still able to do) and upload a pic that has the following wording:

THIS HOME IS NOT FOR SALE.
    THIS LISTING HAS BEEN FRADUENTLY POSTED BY GOVLISTED AGENT, who does not have permission to sale this home.

Hopefully Zillow will be able to take down the illegal posting soon.

Profile picture for TIM STAUFFER
    Sunnyview,
    You may think I am ranting, but I am done with Zillow after 3 such fraudulent lisitngs in a year or so.  If they are going to allow these fraudulent agents to make these posts, and then TO BLOCK THE OWNER FROM EDITING THE POST, they need to seek PROOF OF SUCH A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP.  Why are they allowing this to happen?  Why have they not taken steps to prevent it?  Could it be.....MONEY!?

Profile picture for TIM STAUFFER
    You CANNOT edit the listing once one of these unscrupulous agents lists the property.  I "claimed" my property, but was prevented from editing the post, as a message popped up that said "since I was represented by an agent (laughable), I could not alter the site."  When I called the agent, he said it was still an active listing on MLS, and it authorized him to advertise the property.  First, the listing is NOT active, and my real agent told me he was forwarding a copy of the MLS listing to show it as inactive.  Second, he was NEVER authorized to list himselg as my agent on Zillow or anywhere else.  The fact that Zillow doesn't request PROOF of such a contractual relationship is unacceptable and highly suspect.

Ranting and doing nothing solves nothing. You have an agent Tim that is doing wrong by listing your house on Zillow after being notified over and over of the "error".

Take that agent to court and sue them. Bad agents are bad for consumers and bad for good agents. Money makes them go and taking their money will make them stop.

Profile picture for TIM STAUFFER
    I agree.  His is my post on this matter:
    I would like to know how Zillow allows real estate agents to fraudulently misrepresent owners of zillow listed properties, falsely claiming these properties to be for sale or rent.  This has happened to me 3 times over the last year or so.  Zillow apparently doesn't require any proof of representation.  These fraudulent "agents" take over the site from the owner, preventing owners from taking down the fraudulent listing.  When I tried to amend the fraudulent listing, a message stated that "since I was represented by an agent, I didn't have the ability to change the posting."  Seriously?  If Zillow is going to allow such power in the hands of these so called agents, why are they not asking FOR PROOF OF SUCH A CONTRUATUAL RELATIONSHIP.   This is outrageous behavior by the fraudulent agents of course, but also by Zillow.  I believe a class action law suit should be initiated against Zillow until to change their policies.  Why should my tenants have to suffer repeated attempts by people knocking on their door to look at the property when it was fraudlently listed.  This is unbelievable.

Profile picture for laagdaisy
    Thanks for helping me out!

While Neil says it takes a week or so for edits to reflect in the Zestimate, my experience is 6 to 8 weeks.   Perhaps Zillow has speeded this up, as I'm not working for Zillow I don't know.

Glad you got the changes in the system.

Profile picture for Neil R
    • Neil RZillow
    Hi laagdaisy -

After making the updates, you would need to wait for a week or so before it reflects in the Zestimate.

Neil

Profile picture for laagdaisy
    Thanks for your answer.  I followed your instructions but was only partially successful in removing all the info I wanted to delete.  For example, a ridiculously low Zestimate remains on the page even after I removed/corrected the wrong information.  I did put an "innocuous" description to allow for the bug, but the wrong Zestimates are still there. Thanks again but I still need help with the other discrepancies.  (Maybe it just takes time for the Zestimates to be adjusted?)     

[edited by Zillow moderator to remove phone number. Please refer to Good Neighbor Policy]

At the moment, the house doesn't appear to be actually listed but there does appear to be a remnant of an earlier notice in the description.    You can fix  it in less than 2 minutes.  First claim your home by going to just below the description and hovering the mouse above "edit".   You will see the option "claim your home" at the bottom of the list, click on it and follow instructions.

Once you've claimed your home, go back to the same edit and see "edit home description".    Remove the offensive words and put in an innocuous description.   (hint: there is a bug in the description and you can't leave the description totally blank).

All done!   Far faster, easier and less expensive than suing.