Profile picture for gqrobert

My house is at 9772 oak pass rd. Beverly Hills, ca. 90210. Why do you list it's value so low?

The comps that you list are smaller,older,smaller lots and sold for much more. I realize I bought it 15 years ago, but I have made many improvements. It was appraised 3 years ago for 2.4 mill. Why would a house in my zip code, on a private gated street, with Demi Moore as a next door neighbor be valued so low ?
  • September 30 2009 - Beverly Glen
  • 0

Best Answer

Spencer from Zillow here. The short answer is that it's very hard for Zillow to value high-end homes accurately because they are by definition unique so they befuddle computer models. In the case of your specific home, a complicating issue is that it hasn't sold since 1995 and the property attributes we have on the home (from the county) may not be correct. If you want, you can claim your home and edit your home facts (video here) and then we'll reZestimate your home based on the new data. Also, you can publish an owner's estimate which allows you to add in certain attributes about your home which Zillow couldn't know about (e.g., a view) -- click on "Create" near the Zestimate.Creating and publishing an owner's estimate doesn't impact the Zestimate, but changing the home facts by "claiming and editing" does.

Profile picture for nealadler
I would be glad to provide a CMA for you.  I have completed nearly 1200 Broker Price Opinions for various banks.  Feel free to contact me I and we can discuss this.

Profile picture for The Carrabba Group
Hello Beverly Glen,

I know it can be frustrating. The value that you are seeing isn't always accurate. The only way one can truly know the value is by seeing the house and taking into account factors like finishes, condition, location in the neighborhood and improvements. We do this by putting together what we call a CMA.

Best,

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams
#01708376