Profile picture for MJ007

My house is not for sale but it continuously shows up for sale. How can I have this removed?

I bought my house a year and a half ago and have not put it on the market.  However, zillow continues to list my house as being for sale.  Who do I have to inform in order to have this corrected?

January 02 2009 - Grayslake

The home is still listed for sale here, which is the source of the listing. Please ask the realtor to remove the listing and it should get updated on Zillow.

Your home may be on an old realtor listing feed. You can claim your home and remove the for sale listing, but if the feed is not corrected it will just show up again. I would claim your home so Zillow knows which one you are talking about and remove it from the sale listing. Here is the link to do that. You can also get more information about feeds and how they work. My advice would be to contact the seller's realtor that sold you the home (or your own realtor). They have a responsibility to remove your house form the feed once it is sold. Make sure they give you a timeline to get it off. I think the feeds update about every 24-48 hours so once they put in the request it should be fairly quick. There may be more than one feed that your house is on, so have your realtor check to remove it from ALL feeds. Hope it helps.