Profile picture for bgamel

My house is showing up as a forclosure. It is not even close to foreclosure, never has been.

Whom do I contact?  I need a phone # please.
Beth Gamel
  • July 17 2010 - Acworth
  • 0

Profile picture for bgamel
Thanks for your input, everyone.  I did check out all real estate records at the county online records site and no unfamiliar or erroneous entries. And, revisiting the various sites that show our home to be in foreclosure and on the market, I realized that indeed there is no street number along with the street name and aerial/street photo of our house.  Plus, the home next door is  a  recent foreclosure.  There's the mix-up, probably.  Still working on correcting it and keeping a close eye on my credit reports. It would be a bummer to get a FICO hit because of this and have to deal with THAT.  Could still use a contact phone number--a thing of near extinction anymore--if anyone is lucky enough to have acquired one.  Thanks again, all.

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Beth-

May I ask the address of your home that is showing currently as an active foreclosure?

Hope to hear from you.

Profile picture for Mills Realty
Zillow get their information form various sources, but Foreclosure.com is one that provides this type of info.  My first step would be to check with the lender to make sure a mistake has not happened.  Then check with your county recorder to be sure a foreclosure notice hasn't been posted on your property by mistake.  The next step is to contact Zillow and see if you can find out where the info came from and then contact that company to make the correction.

Simon Mills
Mills Realty

Profile picture for ulker
I just found my house is also shown as pre-foreclosure even though this definitely isn't true.  Both mortgage and taxes are paid promptly.  Did you ever get a phone contact or email to have Zillow make the change?  I can't find out how to correct this.

Is there a specific address tied to the 'foreclosure' listing on Zillow or is it address undisclosed with a photograph of maybe a dozen other homes?

A majority of the foreclosure listings on Zillow are placed on Zillow by foreclosure.com. If they have your specific home incorrectly listed as a foreclosure, you would have to contact foreclosure.com.

If there is no specific address tied to the listing, chances are it's a neighbors house that's listed for sale.

You probably need to go to your local tax assessors office. Look online for it first and see what it says on your tax record. Most cities have an online system now. After that, I would contact your bank to make sure nothing funny is going on. I have heard of cases where the husband didn't tell the wife anything until it was too late. Hope that is not the case. Best of luck to you.