My husband and I found a house that we would love to buy the problem it is a hud repo and you can on

July 21 2012 - Saint Clair

Profile picture for Go Huskers
I'll make the answer short and to the point for you also. 

No, you cannot buy a home on your own now since you are in default and you won't be able to do so at minimum for 2 years after the short sale and after you reestablish you rcredit if you can come up with 20% down, or 3 years if you can come up with 3.5% down. If the house goes to foreclosure then it's worse.

Ok  I have a question, I found a house BUT it says  HOUSE SOLD  AS-IS  SELLER WILL NOT MAKE REPAIRS  Ok  Here's my story  short and to the point  My daughter bought her home after her husband and her split, but she needed a CO-SIGNER to complete the purchase. So I CO-SIGNED!! WRONG MOVE!!  She's defaulted  and I can't make that big payment  so we have the property up for  SHORT SALE.  I really can't afford the payment and I want to buy something within my budget because my husband & I are on  SS and I also have a Pension check coming in. My credit has been good up to the time that she defaulted on her loan. Question is  would I be able to buy a home on my own now. Word of CAUTION to anyone who CO-SIGNS for someone  DON'T DO IT!!  I've LEARNED my LESSON and it was from my daughter!! Can anyone give me an amswer on how to handle this situation???? I have no money for a down payment or closing costs.

That's not a problem! You can purchase a HUD repo...