My landlord lost the home I live in to foreclosure. He has no intention of redeeming the property.I

I want to buy it. since the bank will evict me and eventually put the property up for sale anyway is there a way to avaid all these steps? the problem is that I don't know know who to contact. The mortagage company will not speak to me. If I wait until the redemption period is over it will be too late.
  • September 18 2013 - US

Federal law was established that as long as you comply with the terms of your leased (such as pay rent), then your lease terms hold.  

The bank will probably assign the property to an asset manager to clean out, and get ready for sale.  It could takes months.

The bank does sell a property without exposing it to market competition.  They want to get the highest price possible.

It might be better for you to move on rather than wait until you are evicted.