Profile picture for StephenCoverdale

My lease dates contradict the 6 month extension.

I signed a 6 month extension my intent was for it to be only 6 months and on the lease it clearly says that I am extending it for 6 months. However, the landlord put the dates wrong and had 3/1/2013-9/30/2013 putting it for an extra month. What is the case when there is contradicting info. Can I move out on the 9/1/2013 without paying September rent?
  • August 05 2013 - Kalamazoo
  • 0

No, unfortunately if you signed the lease and it was dated with this info, then you are responsible for paying through the terms of the lease.  You need to contact the landlord and request and amendment to the lease that shows the corrections.  You will need to go through the courts if the landlord will not change the lease.  Then it will be up to the judge if they believe you or the landlord.