Profile picture for jydancer300

My leasing contract expries on September 16th. But Management is saying I did not give them 60 days

My leasing contract expries on September 16th. But Management is saying that  I did not give them 60 days notice so they will chage me additional 60 days rental beyond my contract period. Am I really responsible for this?  Please give some advice.
  • September 05 2012 - San Antonio
  • 0

The lease in Texas states on the front page (paragraph 10 or 11) i believe that you are required to give in writing a 60-day notice to vacate.  In the event you fail to do so means you will be charged 85% of one months rent in addition to the remainder of the lease OR until management leases the unit (not to exceed your expiration).  Yes they can hold you to it.  No there is nothing you can do - unless you find someone to take your lease (subleting must be approved by management) until it expires.  Sorry - Nikki

I will be more than happy to review the lease contract for you!

I'm sorry to say that it's very likely the case.  All the terms are spelled out in your lease.

Naima

Profile picture for Gabilan Properties
What does your lease say? It probably answers your question.