Profile picture for nacion77

My lot have a manhole in the front sidewalk

We got our lot in a brand new community (Katy area) the lot has a manhole (SANITARY) and I would like to know if this affect the property value.  Is a brand new community so I don't have neighbors to ask about.

• July 24 2014 - Katy
  • 0

I doubt there are stats on this?
How did you not see this when you purchased?
I would not think it was added after?

Profile picture for Seth McCauley
I agree with Shawn, I doubt it will affect the value of your property.  This is really specific to the person who is going to be buying the lot after you, some people might not even think twice about it or even notice it.  There are many factors to consider for re-sale value, but I don't think this matters much, as Shawn said it technically isn't on your property.

Profile picture for Owens Realty Group
Hi there, some might not like the site of the manhole, but it is not on the property technically. It should not effect the value of your home now or in the future. 

Are you in Broward or Dade. in Florida?