Profile picture for wab88nc

My mother has offered me a chance to buy her home for the price of the reverse mortgage payoff

of 46500 and the house is worth 80000. I have a credit score of 560 and I am a retired vet. What is my best route to acquire this property?

June 06 2012 - Murfreesboro

There is no reason you cannot purchase the home because it's a Reverse Mortgage.  As long as the payoff is at least the amount of the loan.  If you are over 62 you can use a Reverse Purchase and your credit score is not a concern, but your down payment is between 30% and 50% depending on age.  Being a Vet of course you have your guarantee as long as you can qualify.

To put you in a better position credit wise, I'd advise speaking with a credit expert to explain how you can bring up your scores.  

Contact me through my profile for a consultation.

Dependinig on the reasons your credit is low, and how much time you have, you can get your scores up. I have been able to raise ours substancially over the last few months. I was able to learn a great deal and ask advice when needed at www.myfico.com.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Latest reply by Cindy Quinton

1. 215 Leisure Shore Rd, Como, NC Home For Sale
    215 Leisure Shore Rd, Como, NC 27818

2. 324 Jay Trl, Murfreesboro, NC Home For Sale
    324 Jay Trl, Murfreesboro, NC 27855

3. 111 Liberty St, Murfreesboro, NC Home For Sale
    111 Liberty St, Murfreesboro, NC 27855