My old lease will expire on October 15th and two weeks ago we signed a new lease for 9months..Can I

• October 01 2012 - US

Pull up your state laws and read the lease terms for the one that is expiring.  In most states you  have to give at least 30 days notice before the expiration of the lease to get away without penalty.   At this stage you may be looking at another 9 months.

Some landlords are open to some negotiation but as you've signed it you aren't in the driver's seat.   Propose that you pay an extra couple months rent so she has time to find another tenant without loss of her income, or you'll pay rent until she finds a tenant to move in.

terminate this new lease? This new lease will kicks in when the old one expired which is 2 weeks from now but I really want to get out do I have to honor since I already signed..My wife and I have 2 kids now and this one bedroom is too small for us..Are there any advice there that I can tell to my landlord so she will let me off the hook without hassling me? thanks for all the reply..

Your question doesn't appear to have fit in the character limit.  You can add more detail by clicking on "post reply".