My private drive appears as a street on map

my address is 226 Weston Road, Weston, CT. my house appears as a street, adams..wrong.....how can you correct?

May 27 2009 - Weston

I'm not sure I entirely understand.  Is your private drive big enough that it actually has a name?  Or is it not named at all?

If it has a name, even if you're the only house on it, many mapping companies will include it in their maps and consider it a private road.

February 23 2011
One way that I have found to get a map error corrected that appears on Zillow.com is to go to the source of the map.  This would be Google Maps. Do a search for "Correct error on Google Maps" and follow the link to report a problem.  Once the correction is made on Google, it will eventually filter down to the Zillow.com site.

February 22 2011
Bummer because people will try to find your home when it's for sale using maps from either Google or Bing. That's a tough one.  Make certain that the assessors office has the correct address.  That's the public record that's important.

Call a local title company and see if they can do a search on your property. Also contact  the county assessors office to see if they can do a correction. If you plan to sell your home in the future this should be addressed. It could become a problem in escrow with the buyers bank and when the title companys report comes in  and shows a different street than on the plat map. It could hold up escrow.
Thank you,
Lilly Molina
Prudential California Realty

This is a tough one.  The maps are generally created by outside companies and programs are downloaded to these sites.  First contact Zillow and see if they can provide YOU with the map company that provided THEM with the mapping system they use.  Then you can contact the source and get it corrected.  Many people try to correct things on one site not realizing that this information has been provided to hundreds of websites or crawls.  Any questions please contact me.