My question is if I would qualify for a mortgage now?

I had a bankruptcy back in 2007 and didn't reaffirm my mortgage. I've been living in the house till last year when the mortgage company forclosed. My credit report only shows the mortgage being written off back in 2007 not the forclosure last year. I currently have a 705 credit score.

• March 27 2012 - McKinney

You cannot get a mortgage for 3yrs from the 'Foreclosed' date.

You lived pmt free all that time? Consider yourself a lucky renter.

The loan application will specifically ask if you have had a foreclosure in the past. If you answer it untruthfully you are committing mortgage fraud. If you answer it correctly then they will find out that the property was foreclosed on last year. Then you won't qualify.

Just because the credit report does not have the foreclosure listed does not mean you are not required to disclose it.