Profile picture for Kilton

My question of 10+ days ago....

You have not responded to my question regarding the misrepresentation of my home value based on my gated community in Cathedral city, CA.  Please reply to:larry.thwing@gmail.com
  • May 23 2012 - Cathedral City
  • 0

Profile picture for blue screen exile
I think you mean 5 days ago???

I have a very real concern about your estimates I own the home at 35591 Placid Place

Yours, estimated presently at $169.1k, range $140k-205k
neighbor's: estimated presently at $237.9k, range $159k to $302k.

Yours, last sold 12/9/11 $238k
neighbor's last sold: 3/11/11 $245k

Yours, built 2002.
Neighbor's built 2000.

Check the fluctuations on this Zestimate trend charts.  It is normal for the estimates to fluctuate independently within the tolerance range.  The estimate range given is only a 70% confidence interval, so the actual market value can even be outside the posted range.

Yes, you might think paying $7k less 9 months later should be "irrelevant", but those differences still show up in the modeling method used.

Read the FAQ "what is a Zestimate".

Also, your neighbor bumped up their bathroom count from 1.75 to 2, apparently after purchase?

Your neighbor is also indicating they have a detached garage in addition to that attached garage in addition to a carport.  This additional parking may also affect the estimates.

Zillow also uses the sold price history in the estimates, so the 3/12/04 sale of $387k and the 5/12/06 sale of $485k could have an impact on the estimate.