Profile picture for ab330boy

My recent appraisal tell me that the house is worth 435,000 while your zestimate is 294,000? Why???

I just had my house appraised by a professional and also had a realtor bring me some comps of the area and both estimates were very close at one at 430,000 and the other on informed me that she could list the house for sale at 435,000. However your zestimate gives me a complete different number of 294,900. I am more inclined to believe in the appraisal and the realtor since they not only know the area but they have also seen the interior of the house and compared it to other similar houses in the area. Can you explain why such a large discrepancy between your zestimate and those other real estate professional estimate? Thank you in advance.
  • Question refers to 934 S Saint Bernard St, Philadelphia, PA 19143
  • 0

Technology is as awesome as chocolate cake, however indulge only in moderation.  The internet has provided consumers with a wealth of information in real estate and yet, you now clearly see the exact need and purpose served by quality real estate professionals from all over. As much as we would love to totally rely on zestimates and internet information my number one advice is to always seek the professional for more accuracy.

Profile picture for CubsfaninWA
Zestimates definitely are not the end-all be-all in terms of figuring out what a home is worth. They value almost every home in the country 3x per week, their valuations are produced by a huge room full of computer servers, and they have obviously never been inside the house. Perhaps most importantly, they are limited by the quality of the publicly available data that they get from counties. Frequently when Zestimates are very off, it's because the public data is incorrect.
The good news is that if owners or agents change the home facts (which happens automatically whenever a listing is added to the site), the Zestimate is impacted.