Profile picture for kima630

My updated price is not reflected on Zillow. Can I get this edited?

We are a ForSaleByOwner.com customer who listed thru TriStar Realty on Zillow.  We recently adjusted our home sale price.  This price change was edited by the listing agent for us on Realtor.com but the price is not yet reflected on Zillow. 
The home address is 2030 Prescott Court, Aurora, IL 60503.  The original price was $284,900...the current corrected price should be $269,900.  I have emailed the listing agent but they told my that Zillow has to upload automatically, and that they cannot make the adjustment.  When I try to edit it myself Zillow says the listing agent must do it.  Help!  I just want the correct price reflected for home buyers to see!
Thanks much for you help. 
  • July 23 2011 - Aurora
  • 0

Zillow tends to refresh feeds nightly, but occasionally it takes up to 72 h to appear on Zillow.  Therefore, keep an eye on it.  I hope by tomorrow the price is correct

Profile picture for kima630
Wait, it did just go thru on Trulia so I'm sure Zillow is close behind.  And again, I think the listing agent is doing a good job of immediate response to my requests, just wasn't sure how long it took for the updates to take place.  Don't want to put out there that my agent is not following thru.

Profile picture for kima630
The listing update was sent to the listing agent on Thurs midday, and they were very fast in their response to update to Realtor.com.  It sounds like I need to allow up to 72 hours from that time to see the change on Zillow?  One reply indicated that the change was already reflected but you may have been referring to 2003 Prescott which is also 269,900. 
Thanks for your help so far.  Although this is the 3rd home I've sold FSBO, this is the first time I've utilized the online forum to help me list it. 

It looks like the feed price is now updated.  Usually these refresh overnight but sometimes it takes up to 72 h.   Do you know when it was changed in the feed?

I see statistics that 30 to 50% of FSBOs are successful, I wonder why the agent is misquoting NARs 11% and turning it into 1%.

It sounds like the listing agent has a feed to Zillow that needs to be edited. You need to contact your listing agent at TriStar and ask them to change their automatic feed to Zillow to reflect the current listing price.

Most MLS systems do not automatically feed to Zillow so the price changes won't be reflected unless they update the feed. Updating the feed takes only 2-3 business days. You can find out where the feed to Zillow is coming from by looking at the bottom of your home page for the "listing provided by" blue hotlink. That will be the feed that is sending your information to Zillow that need updating. Hope it helps.

This is typically the issue with pay to list services. You need to hit the source of the data Tristar.

For Sale By Owners are frustrating for many reasons. Only 1% of FSBO's really get sold so hopefully you are in that 1%.
Sounds to me like you need to discuss it with the person who threw llisted it.When I have price changes, it happens quickly, so perhaps that listing person needs to go back and check to see it they hit entered or did it right.
Good luck to you on your sale.