My zestimate is absolutely accurate......who do I talk to about this outrage?

Really.  It is almost unbelievable, but my zestimate is right on the money.  It was not so when I built the house.  I had to claim it and update the info about it.  But after I did so, my zestimate moved right into line.  I research my comps regularly and (this part is so hard to comprehend) I agree with every comp zillow's algorithm selected for me.  Unreal.

Of course, my zestimate is not the price I would ask if I listed my house.  After all, zillow doesn't know about my half acre of landscaping, it cannot assess the potential value of the two sets of state of the art wiring that lets me run both a LAN and HDTV to every room, it cannot see the mountain that is on display from every major room in the house.  But, as it rises and falls, I truly believe my zestimate represents an accurate base on which I would build my asking price.

Sorry for the silliness, guys.  I just thought the record should show once in a while, the algorithms hit right. 

Oh, here is a pic taken from my deck of a recent sunset.

January 27 2010 - Hendersonville

Of course, Linda.  That is why I spend my time looking at the trends and charts and zestimate value ranges and don't get hung up on the zestimate and have no intention of selling my house.

Somewhere out there, there is a house where every cma is an exact match to the zestimate.  It can happen.  After all, it only takes a million primates to write Romeo & Juliet.  Anyway, that exact same house sold for precisely the amount it was listed for: the zestimate.  Poignantly, the owner is probably not computer literal and never heard of zillow.  So, we will never know.

February 09 2010
The estimate is not the same as what someone may be willing to offer

February 08 2010
Hurray!

See, it does happen!!!

And btw, I've had my home in Seattle appraised 3x in the last 7 years for refis, and all 3 times it was within 0.5% of the Zestimate at the time.

Horrors!  Oh horrors!  I'm going to march right down to Zillow headquarters and complain. 

Nancy - 

You have my humblest apologies. I have no idea how this travesty occurred but you have my assurance that I will not rest until someone's head rolls.

PS - I absolutely have to get you into a Zillow t-shirt and baseball cap. Could you please hit the contact button on my profile and e-mail me your t-shirt size & postal address?

I just lol'd. This is most definitely making the office rounds.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
I have to concur. My house in SoCal has also tracked fairly well, especially if you take the "value range" into consideration. Our development is about 5 yrs old, and most everything immediately around us is no-more-than 10yrs, and the Zestimate tracks pretty well to the sold prices.

But, then again, it's only a Zestimate...and the only real way to know what you're house is worth is to sell it.

LOL Beautiful photo! You are a lucky woman indeed to have a sunset like that from your private deck.

Profile picture for CubsfaninWA
Email this to Crystal Lake will ya!