Profile picture for Mr Caveat

NEWS OF THE CENTURY, OMG 2/23/2009

February 23 2009 - US

That is not "news"; we have been hearing that for 8 months.

February 23 2009
Profile picture for Mr Caveat
it was sarchasm

February 27 2009
Profile picture for Mr Caveat
and note the typo "hundreds of dollars" ^_)^

February 27 2009
Is that a "gold coin" in the shadow of your hand on your new Avatar, or are you just holding a plastic lens?

http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7455/ISwlrompxi7pgj.jpg

attempted as a "link" to see if the "add link button is still broken:

and pasting it in as "html":

<A HREF="http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7455/ISwlrompxi7pgj.jpg">http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7455/ISwlrompxi7pgj.jpg</A>

Zillow's "add link" is still broken, and typed HTML does not convert to formated HTML.

So can one create the link in another program and paste in?

(presently can't find a way)
photo-link-test

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
you choose! (its a magnifying lens) but your idea is good too... i was bored in victoria when i took that

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
and it is not a plastic lens, trust me, i have broken enough to know

Your focus is not up to your typical standards.

shadow hand with lens

(I think I found a "work around" for the defective "add link" button).

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
true, but then its a thumb of shadow puppets taken from across the room holding an SLR camera in one hand... you try doing anything with an SLR camera and one hand... it was the art of it... law of thirds, use of negative space, etc etc... I'm not actually an armature photographer, i just goof around. i put it on zillow because i was concerned about privacy... still am as doomer's bloomers still haunts the boards.

its good enough for the little zillow avatar box anyway

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
you might be surprised to learn that i was too cheap to ever buy a copy of photoshop, lol... i love it soo much but i dont take enough photos to make it worthwhile(really i kindof wish i didnt even buy the SLR, its so big and bulky and i cant really hand it to someone and say "will you take our picture?")

i had a ripped copy for a while, but then my computer died and i lost it.

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
this one i'm shure is up to your resolution standards, now you have 3 guesses to figure out what it is(hint, it is not space, nor photoshoped)

I don't use Adobe Photoshop; I use:
1) Corel Photo Paint
2) I-Photo Plus (especially for gamma corrections&cropping)
3) Photo Magic (especially for magic wand color changes) and GIF color tables
4) GIF construction Set Professional (for animated GIFs, or extracting images from anamated GIFs)
5) Kodak Image (for some large TIFF's)
6) Scan-2-CAD (for converting raster to vector, and additional clean-up of raster images -- very good for auto-removing splotches from copies of printed papers)

I like my pocket size Casio Exlim 2 MP with fixed focal length lens for most pictures as it takes the photo when the botton is pressed.  For long distance shots, I like my Olypus w/ 10x optical zoom.

March 25, 2007?  The image certainly doesn't mean anything to me.  At first I thought a stuffed toy rabbit, until I realized that is not an "eye" but more like a "sun-spot".  Then I thought a light bulb, or a dandilion being blown, but then the green globe behind makes no sense.  And the spiral rings?  Possibly waves on water from a drop; but wrong orentation, and center is wrong.

Thus, could only be a very poor photo of a very poor quality piece of unsigned "modern art".

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
lol, its a laser pointer, so "sunspot" was probably your closest bet...

i just miss photo shop, that's all

Still doesn't explain the green globe, nor the spiral rings.

I actually think that Correl Photo Paint is faster to use than Adobe Photo Shop; but of course Adobe is the industry standard.

And you really aimed the pointer staight into the camera?  You weren't concerned about burning out pixels on the image sensor chip?

Still waiting to hear about the globe and the rings.

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
there is no globe, no rings. just a mirror and a laser

There is still some optical explination of the circle with white splotches to the upper right of the laser light, and green rings to the upper right of that.  If you are photographing the image in the mirror with the lazer shining into the mirror, the mirror is also reflecting something else.  Possibly a CD?  Possibly the chrome ring at the back end of the pointer?  It is definitely something and not just imagination.

For a day, I though that Blummers got to you, since you haven't been posting.and since you did post more than you should on this thread, and gave a hint how to find you,

By the way, your better images were:
1) the key with the gold coins
2) the writing pen.

Bored in Victoria?

Here's Victoria's picture before she changed it twice, and before she removed it from embarasement...

http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7072/IS11cfg11a8wo83.jpg" rel="nofollow">Victoria

I'm baffled, I thought the link-work around was working now, but it didn't; so if it still doesn't work, copy and paste into the address bar from:

http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7072/IS11cfg11a8wo83.jpg

But to try to create the link again:

<a href="http://images2.zillow.com/is/image/i0/i0/i7072/IS11cfg11a8wo83.jpg" REL = "nofollow"> victoria </a>

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
i didnt give anything away that could help someone find me...

i have alot of kool stuff from when i did use photoshop... my personal fav is this one

even though the silhouette wasnt mine and the clouds are just a filter...

see that one key that is a different color from the others? how many times can you spot that same key?

Profile picture for Mr Caveat

Profile picture for Mr Caveat

and no, the circle is not any "thing" reflecting light, i like the way it almost silhouettes a person though... the ring could be the lens of the SLR with the focus obviously directly on the iso chip

i actually accidentally deleted my high res version of this photo trying to compress it for this site... i'm quite annoyed

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
there is a misconception that lasers are more dangerous than they are. this particular pointer is low energy... the green color is just easier to see at night. also my camera is under the warranty/service contract. it covers "anything except water damage" and i really dont like my SLR. i want to go back to something smaller, like a hybrid slr or a high end point and shoot... a big dead spot on my iso chip would be the perfect excuse ^_)^

not all green laser pointers can light a match from 10 feet away...

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
what did i say that would help someone find me?

I don't want to give anyone ideas, so I'll leave that question alone.

The issue is not the energy level, it is the intensity of the light on a small surface area.  Even a LED lamp can easily produce a spot intencity of 30 thousand foot lamberts.  A lazer pointer can produce a much higher spot intensity.

So, how many photons do you think you can collect on one pixel of a CCD device before overloading it?

Even if you did burn a pixel, I'm not convinced most people know how to even check for it.

(Some cameras have the ability to automatically check for bad pixels and avoid them).

I'm not sure what is worse; to have a pixel that always shows black, or to have a pixel that always indicates light for one or more of the 3 primary colors.

I've presently forgotten, but I believe one of my cameras has at least 3 bad pixels.  They especially show up when increasing the gamma on a completely underexposed photo.

Well, I only see 4 locks and about 10 keys, but I see at least 256 different colors.  As to which are brass and which are only brass colored steel, I have no idea; I would need a magnet with the original set of hardware to determine that.
 And why would I care?  Sure I have locks that can use about 4 of those keys but what good would finding it in a picture do?  Locating it in the photo will not provide the actual key.

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
i honestly think that whatever goes over the capacity of the sensor is just unnoticed... unless i physically damage the sensor the next photo will not have a memory of the last... there is no "overload" just "load".

since my camera still works, i think I'm right. ^_)^

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
just 4 fun ^_)^

New Help Section
My Zestimate is WRONG
Profile picture for lucphan1937
Latest reply by lucphan1937
Can a homeowner contact the previous owner of the eyesore abandoned house next door?
Profile picture for Michael Unis
Latest reply by Michael Unis
Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Delete Account