Profile picture for shirazny123

Need Help Finding Home

Need help finding a single family home. Already pre-approved for $345,000 by BOA.Must meet below criteria(s):
1) 4 bed
2) 2/1.5 bath
3) 1 garage
4) Move in condition (Mint)
5) Brick preferred but frame is ok.
6) Price Range: Max $360,000
7) MUST be in zip codes: 11416,11417,11418,11419,11421
8) Walking distance to public transportation (MTA).

Willing to purchase ASAP. Please contact soon as my criteria's are met.

April 23 2011 - Ozone Park

Profile picture for robin398
Please remember not to SPAM.  Your phone number needs to be in your profile only.  Thank you.

You can search for agents per category (place) and read their ratings/reviews to make sure that your interests are being represented and protected.

Im a broker in Ozone Park and Howard Beach.  Finding a 4 bedroom house in ozone park isnt easy.  99.9% are 3 bedrooms.  If you need help give me a call, 718-757-1951

Okay, I'm not asking for a referral fee, I'm just providing information. This is a link to a broker in NY http://www.jphilip.com/Nav.aspx/Page=Http://jphilip.listingbook.com
I know him from Active Rain. I think he's a good guy and a reputable broker. Good luck in your search.

David - to answer your question, if an agent from Queens, in this example,  comes along  who can help shirazny find a home that fits his criteria - they can most certainly offer their help.

What they can't do is post their contact information in their response.

All shirazny would have to do is click on their profile, and then he can email them for more information.

Dan, for the record, most agent to agent referral fees are 25%. not 33%

Shirazny - hope a Queens agent comes along soon - if no one does - then use zillow's search an agent option

Dan was the only one who attempted to specifically address shirazny123's post.  And he's not an agent or from the area.

Shirazny123 didn't ask for a referral.  They want an agent who knows the inventory in the area they want to buy that meets their criteria.  I am assuming that would be an agent from Queens.

My issue isn't regarding the referral, although I always wonder how well an out of area agent can refer.  What critiria is used?  How do we know if a referred agent is a good fit for a particular person?

My issue is with withholding the fact that one is paid for that referral if it ends up going to closing.  Just seems disingenuous to me.

This Q&A section of the forum is not to try to fish for referral money but to genuinely help people.  

At least that's the way I see it. 

David, referral fees are simply a way to get a quick up to 1/3 of the buyers side of the commission for no real work. Often the referral is just looking at those in a network hoping they really meet the requirements. There is no guarantee of quality that way. It might work or it might not work out well.

Referal fees are standard in real estate, and they offer an incentive to the referer to find the best possible agent for the customer. The refering agent doesn't earn anything unless a transaction actually occurs and a commission has ben earned.

I know there's a no solicitation rule on zillow, but the person who wrote the post was specifically asking for that assistance.

Does anyone know if zillow has an official policy on telling consumers that they may contact them for assistance? I'm curious. Because if not, I'd be making myself available to them as well. It doesn't help anyone to ignore a post where someone is asking for help finding a property.

I did a quick search using your criteria. I found 6 houses for sale.

(copy and paste into your browser)
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/11416/beds-4/baths-1h/type-single-family-home,mfd-mobile-home/price-na-375000/sby-1/pfbm-800?nzp=11421%2c11417%2c11418%2c11419#/listingType-mfd-mobile-home;single-family-home/pg-1

If you remove the garage you end up with 21 options.

If you wait until summer probably even more will arrive with the summer selling season.

Below is the big for sale by owner site. Nothing is there now but might be in time.

http://www.forsalebyowner.com/search/New-York/Queens-County/Woodhaven/11421-homes-for-sale-by-owner?maxPrice=400000&minBed=4&minBath=1.5&iRadius=3&rgPropTypes[]=2&rgPropTypes[]=10&rgPropTypes[]=3&rgPropTypes[]=13&rgPropTypes[]=7&rgPropTypes[]=16&rgPropTypes[]=14&rgPropTypes[]=1&iAmenityID[]=32768

I am not an agent. I am not in your area. I simply used the most accurate and up to date site available to a non-agent to search. Decide if any house might be right for you and then find a local agent.

Brian, please stop stalking posts to try to get a referral fee. 
If you are going to be nice enough to offer to refer an agent, be honest enough to tell people that you will be paid for this service.

Sheesh!

Thanks for your question.  I recommend you search for a Realtor in your area on Zillow then read their client reviews on them.  If you need a referral, I can find you a quality Realtor.

Good luck, hope this helps.