Profile picture for mike_f70

Need Refinancing Help!

I had to take a job which required me to relocate from AZ to CA. I tried selling my home in AZ, but had to lease it.

My first mortgage balance is $293k @ 6.5% and my second mortgage balance is $59k @ 9.1%. Could it possible to refinance the loans to get he interest rates down? Or get a loan modification?

My credit is still good between 721 and 748.

I know the property is no longer worth $352k nor will I be able to afford paying the difference between the rental income and the monthly mortgage payments. Do I have any other options?
  • May 19 2009 - Tucson
  • 0

With it being a rental property now, chances are slim you'll be able to get a loan mod.  Not saying it's impossible, but....try calling your lender, explain the circumstances and see what they might be able to do for you.  Good Luck

Profile picture for mike_f70
Is refinancing out of the question?

No necessarily, but most lenders will only go as much as 75% loan to value on rental properties.  Again, call your 1st mtg lender and see what they would be willing to do for you since it was a job relocation.  Maybe if you can document it being a job related move, they'd work with you.