Profile picture for taran9

Need Zillow to update the Zestimate

I attempted to refinance my property at 5565 Marshall St Oakland CA but was told by the bank that Zillow's estimate was too low.  I checked the site and discovered that the information was incorrect.  Zillow had not included a second building on the site; it can be seen on the photograph.  When the second building is included the sq ft is 50% larger as is the number of rooms.  I corrected all the information on Zillow, now how do I get them to re-do the Zestimate?
  • August 31 2010 - Oakland
  • 0

Profile picture for RussHatfield
Hi Taran,

Once you've ensured your home's information is accurate on our site, it could take between 6-8 weeks for the Zestimate to update, if it updates at all. Could very well be happen sooner, but we can't promise.

Unfortunately, we do not manually update Zestimates for properties outside our scheduled Zestimate updates.

In the meantime, it might be useful for you to add an Owner's Comment on the Zestimate to indicate that we did not have correct square footage, that you updated it and it could take 6-8 weeks, and any sort of appraisal info you might have. Here's a video on how to add such a comment to the Zestimate. I'd suggest you watch the entire video but if you want to skip straight to the part about adding a Zestimate comment it's around 3:20.

Thanks for using Zillow!
Russ