Need a ballpark price on replacing lp siding with hardiplank, 2 stry, 3 sides.

• March 20 2009 - Marietta
  • 1

Profile picture for Open Home Mortgage
Well worth it at any price.  I've owned and sold many houses with the 'bad stuff'.  I would have been much better off replacing it immediately. 
If cost is an issue, if you have equity in the property, you can always do an FHA 203k loan to finance the entire project (and your existing mortgage) in the 4's

Seattle Siding Lp replacement usually cost about $4-$5 dollars a square

foot this works out to about $9500-$12000 for a typical project.

This would include the cost  to remove the old and install new James Hardie Hardieplank fiber cement material on the exterior of your home.

Add to that a between  $1.00 and $1.25 a sq ft to Paint the typical house or about $3000.

www.siding-seattle.com

We have resided over 1000 homes in Seattle siding, Bellevue Siding, Renton Siding, Kirkland Siding, Redmond Siding, Shoreline siding. 98% of the Seattle siding we do we use Hardiplank Fiber cement siding products. Cedar siding and Vinyl siding can be used in the Seattle area we feel that Hardieplank is the best value.
Gerrard Floyd is a Seattle siding expert installing siding on home for over ten years.<br>
His company has Installed siding on over 1000 homes in the Seattle area.For more information or a free estimate send him an email.

I own a Siding Seattle company we do a ton of siding replacement in Bellevue , Seattle,Kirkland ,Redmond ,Mercer Island and the surroundind area.

About 95 % of our business is installing fiber cement siding such as James Hardie Hardiplank siding for LP siding replacement jobs.

The best way to help you is to give you a basic ball park to work with.
The typical job would be $4.00 a square foot to remove and install new fiber cement siding. You will need to add about $1.00 a square foot.

The average 2500 sq ft house has about 3000 square foot of siding on it.
This wouls work out to be $4.00X3000=$12,000 and another $3000
to paint the home.
These are basics only and in my experience will cover most siding jobs.
I you want more information go to http://www.siding-seattle.com

Gerod Floyd
Siding Seattle company

Profile picture for hankbailey
You are easily in the right ballpark.  Unless the damage is aesthetically unpleasing to the eye or it is an issue to sale, I don't know that I would worry about it.  I just had a buyer purchase a house with lp siding and for him it was no big issue.  I think it depends on the current condition of the siding.

Heard $5000 each side (2 stry w/basement), usually doesn't run more than $17,000. I'll update as we get estimates.