Need a excellent REA to work with our First Time Home Purchase!

Hi All, We are looking to buy and move into a house by March the latest, since time is ticking, we are looking for an agent who is proactive and actually gives a crap about us and what we need VS making the 2% commission. 

I have been currently working with an agent who in a month has contacted me twice, that too because I contacted her. She is a relative of a friend and has yet to get us anywhere in our search. I understand that this is how REA make their living, however as in job, you have to work to get your paycheck and we are really frustrated at this point with this BS! 

Any recommendations in Suffolk County NY will be appreciated, I am looking to setup interviews within a week to get the ball moving. We would like to go through FHA, if that helps!!

December 23 2012 - Smithtown

I am also to hear of your frustration. I work the Watertown and Fort Drum area so I would be unable to assist you. I am amazed at the number of bad agents that don't have a clue about customer service. This is certainly not the majority but it is a large enough percentage to be concerning. This is a rewarding but certainly not an easy business and I think many agents don't understand that going in.

Whoever you decide on, have them set you up for automatic email searches. This will deliver everything that fits your criteria to your email account and save you a lot of time. It will also give you a jump on new listings. You want to have a good idea of what the market is and what you want to look at before you even hit the ground in your new location.

Good luck and God speed! 

You are not alone with your problem...I sold a nice young couple a great home last year and promised to help them out with their house warming.  Fast forward a few months and I found myself STUNNED with the number of Realtors/Brokers present at the party...apparently this young couple preferred to call me their Realtor over their own relatives! 

Anyway, I would be more than happy to refer you to a fellow Century 21 agent in your area that should provide you with the service every client deserves!

Feel free to contact me in private with your scenario so I can match you up with a professional from our network.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

You have chosen a good place to look for an agent because Zillow allows its "Premier Agents" to be reviewed by their past clients.

The Lenard Team is proud of our 100% authentic reviews and have been able to help a lot of people who have chosen us because of our 5 Star rating.  

Take a look at our profile and then decide whether you would like to arrange an appointment and sit down to discuss your needs.

Kind regards,

Jon-David Lenard
[removed by Zillow moderator]

I echo Matt's comments. Plus using an agent who is a relative of a friend is not generally the best recommendation.

You should talk to homeowners that you know and ask them if they would use their agent again. Then when somebody answers enthusiastically, that is your best pointer to a good agent.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. we are in a service industry where clients needs are our number one importance. Unfortunately I work the Phoenix area, otherwise you would see what above and beyond service is. Good luck!