Profile picture for ABroman

Need a good broker in Southern California.

Any suggestions? Looking at a 1.5 mil property and need someone good with self employed income.

January 03 2012 - Orange

Best Answer
I am in Southern California and would be very happy to help. I specialize in jumbo loans and the majority of my clients are self employed.

for loan officers at depository banks and credit unions, they are not required to be licensed and complete any continuing education classes,  

-----------------

what a load of ........

We have Monthly CE classes, sometimes several in a month, and are licensed and the kicker is our governing authority is the Federal Reserve.

Given the number of emails I received from NMLS letting me know my license was due for renewal I don't see how any organized LO would let theirs expire or would wait until the last day to renew.

Deb, You are wrong about continuing education as well. I have some 20 different courses and tests that I am required to take annually. I personally think that licensing is a joke. Even a crook can take and pass a test! You cannot test ethics.

I actually don't think the NMLS is backed up. I know someone who did the continuing education on Tuesday the 27th and their license was renewed on time.You would have had to submit the request and pay the $330 fee prior to the 1st. If you didn't do that, there really is no excuse.

Profile picture for ABroman
Deborah,

It sounds to me as if you are saying you forgot to renew your license before December 31. If this is the case I would find that to be a major defect in judgment. I am in a profession where I also have to be licensed and it requires renewal. I would never let my license expire and if I did I know I would not be allowed to continue soliciting business. So what you are doing may not be a scam, but it's not exactly ethical or honest. Citing backlogs and glitches as to why you are currently unlicensed seems to be passing the buck. i would imagine you had plenty of time to address this prior to December 31. If you cannot manage timetables regarding your own license, how can you manage my loan?

ABroman,  The NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing System) is still in its infancy (about a year).  Alll mortgage originators were required to renew our licenses on, or before, Dec. 31st.  It would be nice if the system used a rotation renewal system (renew in the month you get your license); however, legislation saw the wisdom to putting the entire industry on a one day cycle.

That said, glitches happen.  Many mortgage professionals had licenses "teminated" at midnight Dec. 31st and are in the process of scrambling to get the invoice of completion of continuing education classes to NMLS or getting our company's correspondence with NMLS moving along at faster clip.

After twenty five years in the mortgage industry (and Rudi's background drawfs mine), I can assure you there is no scam going on.  I have colleagues who's license is "terminated" today and should be active tomorrow.  Mine may take three days to reinstate because of backlogs with NMLS.  

Fortunately, for loan officers at depository banks and credit unions, they are not required to be licensed and complete any continuing education classes, so this little "hiccup" has no effect on them.  However, since they are not required to have any education and/or experience, their ability to read your tax returns as a self employed borrower are pretty minisucle.  Good luck with your financing.

Profile picture for ABroman
What I said goes for you as well Deborah. You don't seem to have a license either.

You can also pull down Zillows professional tab and search for brokers. I have an agent I work with out there, she is not with my firm and sells a lot in your price range in Palos Verdes. 

Profile picture for ABroman
Mr Hofmann, 

I am not sure what type of scam you are running but your license shows as being expired. Thank you for inviting me to check and I did. What you are doing is breaking the law by trying to get business without having a license. I will be contacting Mr Blindauer since he seems to be the only one licensed on this site. After that I will be contacting your regulatory agency regarding your behavior.

ABroman,  The Jumbo market is far more restrictive than the conforming market and, well most lenders do offer Jumbo loans, the reality is that the product is really not our "bread and butter".  Every lender has their "niche" product mix and, as a consumer, you are often better off to go to the professional with the specifics that you require.

Last time I checked, BofA has fantastic pricing on their Jumbo loans.  The problem is both in timing and qualification:  good luck on both fronts.

I personally would endorse you contacting Rudi for your financing needs.  I have talked with him at length and he really does have the product mix and the knowledge...and the pricing....to benefit your situation.  Best of luck to you!

Absolutely, Rudi! Either way, I am sure the client will be very well taken care of. Happy funding yourself! And a happy and prosperous 2012.

Attn: Ray Bindauer- I love you Ray. Business is business, right?

I am running into a meeting now and should be available after 3PM this afternoon. Thanks!