Profile picture for dana2004

Need a home loan in Charlotte/Huntersville with low score/good income

We are planning to relocate to Charlotte NC area and have been resigned to renting due to our credit dings-but for- sale homes are so much better and we hate to have to move again when our score improves. I think score is around 600 but varies-just got a car loan butscores have been 540-620 lately. We have had current mortgage for 5 years, it is current but had a foreclosure 5 yrs ago and some medical collection accts etc- combined income 250- 300k for past 5 several yrs- but applied about a yr ago and was turned down/said i would need to get score up first- any ideas? looking for pymnt around 2000-2400 with 3000 + sq feet-wooded neighborhood not too far from Lake Norman, ideally Mooresville, Huntersville, also like Mint Hill...Thanks!
  • April 07 2012 - Charlotte
  • 0

Without knowing your entire situation, it's hard to make a recommendation.  There are programs out there to fit just about any scenario.  There are a lot of moving parts.  I agree, you should talk to a lender and let them answer your questions definitively.  If you work with a good lender, they should tell you what's available along with providing you a plan to get there if you're not qualified right now.  That way you'd work with facts instead of fears!  It always feels better to know!

Dana-its so hard to do it all isn't it! I totally hear you on that one. If you can though, it will really serve you to get them fixed, even if you block 15 minutes a day and send one email out. So frustrating when they get it wrong and you have to correct their mistakes. Best of luck to you and I am hoping that it all turns around for you quickly!

Profile picture for dana2004
I know credit scores in general are such a poor determiner if someone will reliably pay their mortgage. the last report I ran had multiple errors and Ispent days trying to contact creditors, post disputes, search receipts on paid accts etc- working 55+ hours a week and traveling for work constantly we just dont have the time or patience to spend to fix it -ie at this point it is just easier to rent. I agree I need to connect with a buyers agent/or lender at some point soon though -thanks for the input Sharon and Terry!

This was answered on your earlier posting, I believe...best of luck to you on your move. Again, I would suggest you speak to a local lender who knows the market and sit down with her /him to go over your financial situation. We saw a jump in interest rates which has the market humming a bit more this week. Like Raleigh, NC Charlotte is a busier market than many in the country. 
Lots can change in a year, try to talk to a lender again.
I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit for a home and hope you find one that you love!

two things, One, you need to talk with a lender and two note that all real estate agents work for the seller by default in NC so don't share anything you wouldn't want a seller to know. You should also hire a buyer's agent to assist you with your purchase. Be happy to have one of our agents work with you if desired. Best of luck to you.

Going through hard financial crisis is not an easy experience, my family and I lost our every thing we have laboured for, for the past 10 years and since than we been eating from hand to mouth and nobody can rescue

[spam deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]