Profile picture for akracevaya

Need a real estate agent in Montgomery Co, PG Co and DC area. First time buyer needs good advise!

I'm a first time buyer and really need advise and  a good organized, knowledgable agent about the areas I'm considering. A person aware of all options to me - foreclosures, short sales etc. and know the ins and outs of buying in this area is what I'm looking for.
  • October 16 2011 - Germantown
  • 0

Profile picture for martesso
Hello Akracevaya,

I purchased a home in Germantown in 12/2010: my search area was Silver Spring, Bethesda, Rockville, Germantown, etc. I really liked my realtor, Luis Martins. He was organized, responsive, and knew alot about my target areas bc he is also a homeowner and landlord in the area. In 2010 his team was #3 Remax team in Maryland. If you use him, tell him Maria S. sent you!

Luis M. Martins
Remax Excellence Realty
10230 New Hampshire Ave Suite 100
Silver Spring MD, 20903
Direct: 301-431-6149
Cell: 240-463-9200
Fax: 240-387-6127
Email: luis.martins@remax.net
www.theareahometeam.com

Profile picture for akracevaya
Thank you all for your assistance and comments. I will be reviewing them in greater details and contacting people in the near future. Thanks so much!

If you haven't been pre-qualified, your first step should be to talk to a loan officer who can help you to get pre-qualified for a home purchase. Have you determined a comfortable payment?  Be sure to take into account the taxes on different homes, they can vary widely.   

You also may want to narrow down your search a bit.  There are a lot of great homes in all of those areas.  You will want some help to determine your needs and your wants....e.g bedrooms, baths, yard?, are schools important?  What about commute? transportation?  near parks?  near shopping?  Is this a home you want to live in for a few years or forever.

There are also some first time buyer grants available in PG County, depending on the area.

All the best in your search.

I am a license Realtor in Washington, DC and Maryland with a GRI designation,  who work closely with first time homebuyers.  You can email me with specific questions.  Do you need downpayment assistance, 203K for a foreclosed property, are you willing to wait several months for a short sale approval?  These are some of the questions you should ask.  Read some of the reviews I have on Zillow.  Hopefully, we can work together from beginning to end.

^5's "azrob"

akracevaya, review ratings here, ask friends, neighbors and co-workers...
I have several I can recommend if that does not work for you.

Best wishes, and good luck!
Jim

Don't hire any agent too incompetent to even read and follow the good neighbor policy on here. 

Hi, I service the areas you mention and am licensed in both Maryland and DC. Shoot me an email or give me a call on my cell so we can get together to discuss your goals.

Piero Marinucci
Associate Broker, Long & Foster
[contact information removed by Zillow moderator]

Hi - I'm a realtor in the Montgomery County area.  Please review my website and contact me if I sound like someone you'd like to work with![hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]