Need advice on choosing real estate investor. Want to sell Philadelphia home as is.

My husband and I live in Concord NC with our daughter. We have a home in Philadelphia that needs some work done. I just want to sell it as soon as possible so we can buy a new home here. I am wary of approaching buyers of "ugly" houses, but I really would like to sell it right away. How do I find a reputable investor.
  • September 26 2013 - Concord
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
I am in Philadelphia and I have some developers who might be interested - especially if it is in the city.  

Where is the property located?

Profile picture for DFisherBroker
To get the highest possible price, I would find a real estate broker, ask for a Comparative Market Analysis, then put it on the market for 10-15% below that value and monitor activity. This is what banks, government and other distressed property and as-is sellers do. If you are too low, you will touch off multiple offers and allow the price to be bid up. If you are too high, regular 3-5% price drops over a relatively short period of time will allow you to find where the top of the market is.[ self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator]

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Gotcha.  That's a little too far north than my developers go - they mainly focus in Center City and surrounding neighborhoods.

If you don't want to go the route of selling to the "ugly houses" people, why not find a broker who is nearby and list it in a standard way?

It is located in the Logan area around Broad and Olney. Girl's High School, Central and the Septa terminal are all easily accessible.

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Well, if you would like to send me an email and let me know roughly where the property is located, I could tell you right away whether or not my developer contacts might be interested.

No pressure!

The house has a few issues and that is why I am wary. It is located on a great street and is a great buy. I don't want to be low balled. That is why I am seeking advice.

Those types of buyers will offer you a price to make it go away. It will be low to very low, but it will go away. They pray on those people that have a lot of equity and just want to make the house sell quick. You might try listing it for sale at a good price, an aggressive price, for a few months first.

tim